ABC News Report Re- Cassini

Dear E.J. Gong, Jr.,

I just read the report credited to your byline on the ABC News Website
<http://www.abcnews.com/sections/scitech/cassini908/index.html> concerning the
Cassini mission.  While I know that nuclear fear makes for good headlines, I
would hardly term the ranting of an obvious nuclear fear fringe group a "Public
Outcry".

Would it be too much to ask of our press to correctly characterize the groups
which constitute a "Public Outcry".  "Scientists, Engineers, etc." seems to me
to be an overtly broad description of the group opposed to the Cassini mission.
In fact, I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of "Scientists, Engineers
and NASA officials, actually vigorously endorse the Cassini project and
understand that even under the worst circumstances the RISK from the plutonium
generators aboard the Cassini is negligible.

As a professional wordsmith, I would hope that in the future you will more
carefully consider the descriptions you use to accurately report the news,
instead of misrepresenting reality.

Sincerely yours,

Mike Bohan
President, Connecticut Chapter of the Health Physics Society
Radiation Safety Officer
Yale-New Haven Hospital
Radiological Physics
20 York St. - WWW 204