Re: The Health Physics Profession

Ron Amoling  stated the following:

> With all due respect for the Health Physics Society and the
> certification process, there are many HP jobs that can be performed
> superbly with a BS or  MS in Health Physics and some work
> experience.

I agree with Ron. In my limited 28 years of working in this
profession, I have worked and been associated with some of the finest
health physicists you could ever find. Many of them have no degree.
What they do have is that inner instinct, desire and drive and the
ability to identify, evaluate, formulate a plan and most importantly,
to execute it efficiently and effectively. You can't teach experience
in school. While a formal education does provide an individual with
the necessary tools, that isn't the only way to obtain those tools.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division