Re: X-ray Acne Treatment

						Sept 18, 1997
	On the acne radiation thread, I had personal experience as a
teenager in Montreal during the early 50's where I was given
radiation therapy for acne by a dermatologist. Its hard to say if it
worked because some other therapies were given concurrently including
a special soap to reduce skin oils and dry ice, which led to
hyperemia and felt good at the time. The only thing that I have
noted during the ensuing 45 years since is some reduced beard
growth on the cheeks.
				Mike Quastel MD PhD