Subject: Re: Submariner Doses
Author:  george.j.vargo@ccmail.pnl.gov (George J Vargo) at -MailLink
Date:    9/18/97 2:25 PM

     I recall a student paper given at an HPS meeting several years ago (I
     believe the author was Suzanne Levine) that compared occupational
     doses to NPP workers, medical rad. workers, and members of the public.
     While I don't remember all of the details, I was struck by the fact
     that the submainers received less dose than members of the public
     because they weren't exposed to radon progeny in the submarine
     environment.

     George J. Vargo, Ph.D., CHP
     International Nuclear Safety Program
     Pacific Northwest National laboratory