From: Jones, Pauline
To: Vere Smyth; Andrew McEwan
Subject: Re: I-131 capsules
Date: Thursday, 2 October 1997 07:28

We detected a thyroid burden on a technologist who after transferring
the capsule to a container for patient administration handled the
cotton packing in the original container with her bare hands. The
capsule itself was leaking and had contaminated all of the packing
material. We have found a number of leaking capsules.
Pauline Jones
Radiation Safety Office
Dalhousie University
1391 Seymour Street