Re: SCRAM

Simon M. Jerome wrote:

> Just to confuse matters, I had read that the emergency shut down for
> CP-1 was a technician, poised to empty several gallons of saturated
> Cadmium Sulphate solution into the graphite/uranium lattice. This would
> have had the effect of making restarting CP-1 'difficult' and some of
> the scientists on the project thought that this was unecessary for that
> reason.
>
> Anyone else care to shed some light on this?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Simon Jerome
> simon.jerome@npl.co.uk
> http://www.npl.co.uk/

Now that's the story the I heard.  The Axe Man would have cut something
retaining the Cadmium solution to bring the reaction down in an
emergency.
--
	  Voice:     	440-946-5259
	  Pager:	216-360-3773

Home Page:  http://www.en.com/users/carlson/

Digital Display Pager: http://www.usamobile.com/epage.html
	Use the pager number above to send text message!