Re: Cassini and "60 Minutes"

Sandy Perle wrote:

>The Cassini mission finally hit 60 Minutes last night. In all, I
>believe that it was a balanced presentation, although I felt that the
>pro-Cassini individuals didn't come across as being forthright with
>their dialogue, and, didn't appear to be as credible in their beliefs
>as did the anti's. The anti's, which included John Goffman, appeared
>to be more comfortable with their stance, and that is what I believe
>the general public will believe.

>Anyone else have different observations?

In addition to what Sandy stated, I've noticed that there was a subtle
differences in editing... e.g., each time anti-Cassini (Goffman and Kaku) spoke,
the reporter was seen with a smile, whereas each time Cassini supporter was
speaking, the reporter had a blank stare. From my obviously biased pro-science,
pro-nuke point of view, it was not balanced.

Tosh Ushino
San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station
ushinot@songs.sce.com