Fwd: Theragenics Revises Pd-103 Calibration Factor

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Fwd: Theragenics Revises Pd-103 Calibration Factor
Date:    97-10-07 16:00:56 EDT
From:    Ccja
To:      bergsagel.carl@seattle.va.gov

Dear Colleagues,

When checking a batch of palladium seeds we received from Theragenics last
week,
we noticed that the measured pA/certificate mCi seemed to have gone up by 8%
using our re-entrant ion chamber (Atomlab 44D/E).  A second Atomlab 44D
showed
the same 8% increase.  We called Theragenics, and after being passed from one
person to another, we reached Ty Robbin, who did confirm that, in fact,
Theragenics
had revised its calibration factor for palladium by 8% recently.  We were
told that they
don't plan to notify customers, so I thought I would spread the word through
the
MedPhys list.  If you want to speak to Ty Robbin directly to get all of the
details, he
can be reached at (800)  458-4372.

Mary Ellen Masterson-McGary
Holmes Regional Medical Center