Tritium Dose Overestimates In CAP88-PC

I have found that the dose assessment software CAP88-PC may
overestimate dose from tritium under some conditions, after
seemingly minor changes are made to the input data.  The
overestimates can be traced to three key assumptions
implicit in the software that may not be immediately
apparent to the user: (1) the contribution of home-grown
food, (2) the distances at which food is produced, and (3)
the number of people consuming locally produced food.

Documentation on how these overestimates can occur is
available on the Web at this URL:

http://www.er.doe.gov/production/er-80/cap88/tritium.html

I would also be glad to send a copy via email; just send a
note to me off-line at barry.parks@oer.doe.gov

Barry Parks
barry.parks@oer.doe.gov
US Dept of Energy