Re: Respirable Particles - Pu and Cassini

>Particles that are too small act much as
>gasses and are exhaled with the next breath (less than 10% of
>spherical particles of unit density smaller than .01 microns will be
>deposited in the lungs, with this fraction dropping to 0 at about
>0.005 microns

Regardless of the initial small size of the Pu particles, various
processes will cause them to join with other particles.

Suppose we start with all Pu particles some very small size and
some other non-radioactive aerisols.  I believe that soon the
entire particle size spectrum would be contaminated with Pu.

A primary cause would probably be the electric charge on an airborne
particle emitting alpha particles.

Jesse Coleman

RADSHOALS@AIRNET,NET