Food Irradiation Press

I have several Associated Pess articles on Food Irradiation.  One has the
following statement "Proponents [of food irradiation] say the treatment is
mistakenly associated with atomic radiation."

Another AP articleuses a phrase similar to those discussed on radsafe ""One
method uses gamma rays from Cobalt-60 or Cesium-137 in low doses...."

I have seen a seen an informational videotape on food irradiation produced by a
major university that compares the radiation used in food irradiation to
sunlight.

The health physics community is going to lose all credibility if these kind of
statements are repeated.  Never mind our "enemies", heaven protect us from our
friends!

Can anyone suggest a reasonably unbiased reference that gives good technical
details on methods used or proposed to be used for food irradiation?

Mike Broderick

Mike.Broderick@oklaosf.state.ok.us