                           HEALTH PHYSICS SOCIETY

   Date:       Tuesday, October 28, 1997

   Time:       5:30 - 7:00 p.m.  Tour and Social Hour
                                 (Beer, wine, and soft drinks are included
                                  in the price of the meal, what a deal!)
               7:00 - 8:00 p.m.  Steak and Potato Dinner (Cost is $16.00
                                     for Members, $21 for Non-Members)
               8:00 p.m.         Speaker: Dr. John Lyver, NASA's Office of
                                          Safety and Risk Management

   Location:   NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
               Recreation Center
               Greenbelt, Maryland
               (Directions on how to find this facility will be mailed,
                along with the meeting announcement to all members of the
                Baltimore-Washington HP Chapter.  If you are not a member
                and need directions, please send me a message using my
                E-Mail address below, and I will E-Mail you back the
                directions)

   Speaker:    Mr. John Lyver
               NASA's Office of Safety and Risk Management

   Our featured speaker, Mr. John Lyver, will speak on emergency response
   planning in support of the Cassini Project.  The Cassini spacecraft
   began its flight to Saturn this week.  Cassini is a "nuclear-powered"
   spacecraft using radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) to supply
   electricity for its multi-year journey to study Saturn, its rings and
   moons.

   Reservations: Call the Chapter telephone, (301) 949-4178 and leave your
   name and telephone number.  Please speak slowly and distinctly so that
   we can type the reservation list from the recording.  Reservation
   cut-off is noon FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24.  Cancellations must be received at
   least 24 hours prior to the dinner or you may be required to pay for the
   meal.

   NOTE:  Due to NASA security requirements, any foreign national planning
          to attend this meeting must contact Jay Maisler at (301) 926-7596
          no later than Monday, October 20.

   Posted by:
   Stuart M. Altman
   U.S. Department of Energy