FU on Dose to Submariner

Group,
Last month I inquired about doses to submariners because a Navy Veteran
had indicated he had received a maximum lifetime exposure and had been
told he shouldn't serve on subs or go on them.  I have received the
report from the Navy Dosimetry Center and his career exposure is less
than 10% of the occupational exposure level for a single year.  IE by
civilian standards he would not be required to wear dosimetry as he is
or rather would be unlikely to receive 10% of the annual limit. I can not
account for why he thinks he was told he had the maximum allowable life-
time exposure.

Again thanks to all those that responded.

Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov