AmBe Neutron Source

Good Morning Radsafers:

Would anyone have handy some information about AmBe sources??

I've looked through all my references (Cember, Rad Hlth Handbook,
etc.),  got lots of info about PuBe,
PoBe, RaBe, etc, but nothing about AmBe.

Need average energy of neutrons, yield (neutrons/sec-curie) and gamma
dose (mr/hr-Ci-m) and citation.

Or point me in the direction where the information is avaiable.

Thank you very much and have a good day.

George Anastas

George Anastas, M.P.H., P.E., C.H.P., Director
Environmental Health and Safety and
University Radiation Safety Officer
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA  95819-6002
Telephone 916/278-6456
Direct 916/278-5447
FAX 916/278-4359
anastas@csus.edu

"Expect the best and accept no less."

"The views expressed herein are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect the views
of California State University, Sacramento,
California State University, the State of
California or any of its political subdivisions.
This posting is disclaimed."