Re: PEACEMAKER - Some Answers

My reason for reasoning that at high dose QF goes away is as follows:

At the 100 mrad level of photon exposure a large fraction of cells
receive exposure pulling a number out of the air 30% of cells
receive a mean exposure of 300 mrad.  At 100 RAD 100% receive a
mean dose of 100rad.

For neutrons at 100 mrad perhaps 3% of cells receive a mean dose of
3000 mrad, but at 100 rad we're back to 100% of the cells getting
a mean exposure of 100 rad.

These numbers are probably out of whack, but come from a foggy
memory in an internal dosimetry class.  In any event, at some
dose level, for prompt exposures the cells shouldn't be able to
tell the difference between a multiple photon hit and a neutron.

Makes me think that at high doses the QF of 20 should be applied
to photons rather than not applied to HET, but what would that
do to the linear model? ;)

Food for thought.

Dale