Criticism/Rebuttal of Alice Stewarts findings of excess mortality in very young children who were x=X-rayed in utero

Marvin Goldman has asked Otto Raabe if he knows of any published
criticism/rebuttal of Alice Stewart"s findings about three decades ago of
excess mortality in very young children who were X-rayed in utero.  While
I'm not aware of any, I do recall seeing several references to the inability
of ABCC/RERF
investigators to identify a comparable outcome in those who were subject to
A-bomb radiations while in utero.  At some occasion, I think while she was
testifying at a hearing about the hazards of the radiation emitted during
the TMI-2 reactor accident, I heard her provide a very complicated
explanation of this. My recollection is that it had to do with the early
selective mortality of the weakest of the surviving Japanese childhood
population.  I was left, as I have been on other occasions when I've heard
her expound on some of her other findings , with the feeling that she has
not heard of Occam's razor.

Andrew P. Hull
S&EP Div, BNL
Upton, NY 11973