Re: Hood Face Velocity

The requirement for face velocity is dependant on the agreement (license)
with the state.  If I recall, at USC, you WERE committed to 125 lfm.  The
standard is the average to be at least 100 lfm.  An Industrial Hygienst can
better advise the measurement technique.  While I was at USC we were
committed (on the main campus) to 125 lfm due to a license committement.
For a chemical hood the face velocity was 100 lfm and the biohoodw were 150
lfm.

On the main campus there is a section in the Safety School which teaches IH.
They also have the calibration equipment for specific velometers (at last
check in 89).

John Pickering, MS
johnjp@email.sjsu.edu