MQSA revised final regulations

The corrected final regulations for Mammography (Title 21, Code of
Federal Regulations, part 900) were published in the Federal Register
Friday, November 10, 1997 (pages 60613-60632).

Federal Register is available online from the government printing office
at

 http://www.acess.gpo.gov/su_docs/aces/aces140.html

enter "MQSA" as the search term and GPO will give you the whole story
for the year.

It is also posted on the CDRH Web site at

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/fedregin.html

Text and PDF format are available at both sites.

And...yes, through the miracles of modern spelling and grammar
checkers, "rad" was 'redefined' as an acrynym for radian.  We still
intend to treat it like the rad we've known for years - 1% of a gray.

The preceeding may be useful or interesting, but is the personal
commentary of the author and does not represent official position of the
Department of Health and Human Services or the Food and Drug
Administration.

Ed Tupin
RSO, Center for Devices and Radiological Health
Food and Drug Administration
EAT@cdrh.fda.gov
(301) 827-1230
Fax:  (301) 594-4760