Re: To Be or Not To Be

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if neutron treatment is very quick?
I did some topaz irradiation with an e-beam as an undergrad.  It took a
few hours, but the results were quite pretty and with (obviously) no
activation.  As an aside, the gems have to be cooled as you go or they are
naturally subject to dielectric breakdown.
Think of it as VERY expensive popcorn. ;)

Scott Kniffin

Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.