Re: TLD Vendor Program Questions

I am preparing an evaluation of various TLD processing options for our
program, and would like to poll the RADSAFE community for their
experiences with vendor-provided TLD processing.  I would appreciate if
you could spare a few moments to answer the following questions.  Please

respond directly to my email address prduffy@foxberry.net to save
bandwidth and avoid cluttering the list (and invoking Melissa's
wrath!).  I will share a summary of my findings with all that are
interested.

1)  Nature of your program:  [A]  DOE
                                            [X] Nuclear Power
                                            [C] Medical
                                            [D] Other Commercial
                                            [E] Education/Research

2) Processor Accreditation   [X] NVLAP
                                            [B] DOELAP

3) Processing Period            [X] Monthly
                                            [X] Quarterly
                                            [C] Six Months
                                            [D] Annual

4) Approximate Number of People Monitored Annually 3000

5) Vendor Charge per TLD per period Processing done by another nuc plant in the
system.  No actual cost but the turn around time is terrible and the service is
basicly unfriendly.  Numerous procedure violations evident without
acknowledgement of the problem by the processor.

6) Quality of Service [1 to 5 scale, where 1 is lowest, and 5 highest] 2
     We do get results from time to time.
7) Comments
   Centralized services rarely work as well as what you had in the first place.

Thank you for your time.

Patrick Duffy, RRPT