Full text of letter from Theragenics on their Calibration problems on Palladium 103 seeds that are used worldwide daily for prostate implant therapy

--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:21:07 -0600 (Central Standard
Time)
From: Mark Steinbuchel <markst@ONC.hhsys.org>
Subject: Full text of letter from Theragenics on their
Calibration problems on Palladium 103 seeds used for
prostate implant therapy
Sender: Mark Steinbuchel <markst@ONC.hhsys.org>
To: Josepht@mail.UCH.orgMedphys

Why not print full text of this letter, rather than
just shyly quote only a portion of it, I am sure many
others also in health care would want to see it - it
impacts patient safety (which should be our primary
responsibility) and I feel that there is no liability nor
lack of professionalism if you release to the subscribers
since the author (Theragenics Corp.) has not copyrighted
nor put any "Do Not Release" on the bottom of this letter
to their customers. Many physicist do not subscribe to both
listservers, since they will be daily deleting messages.
On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 11:23:40 -0500 "Dr. Joseph Ting"
<JOSEPHT@MAIL.UCH.ORG> wrote
> Dear fellow physicists:
>
> Theragenics (Pd-103 producer) has sent a letter to
> our clinicians ... and not to physicists, in
> the letter, Theragenics (here I quote) "Courtesy
> disclosures of the issue have been made to the
> U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Georgia
> Department of Natural Resources Radioactive
> Materials Program".
>
> Just please be aware, and have a good weekend.
>
> Joseph Ting
> josepht@mail.uch.org
> 813-972-7293 (voice)
> 813-979-7409 (fax)