journalistic cancers?

OK, I admit this is off the wall, but has anyone ever floated the idea that
the stress we get from hearing the frequent hand-wringing in the media about
"this is bad for you", "that is bad for you", "this causes cancer", etc.,
when it doesn't, ITSELF causes cancer?  We know that psychology plays quite
a role in recovery during cancer therapy, and I have heard theories that
being stressed out or weakened by various influences might contribute to
cancer promotion.  So why not?  Could someone develop a risk model and float
it publicly?  Could you imagine lawsuits against ABC for causing cancer
through irresponsible reporting?  Could THEY prove they didn't cause those
cancers?

Just junk food for thought.

Mike Stabin
Oak Ridge