Networking instrumentation/remote monitoring

I'm looking for comments and experiences that people have had with
networking radiation instruments.

We've developed a protocol at Los Alamos that uses existing networks and
solves what we saw as past problems, and I'd like to have more information
about the experiences of others to compare to what we've done.

BTW, there will be an article in the next edition (Nov/Dec) of RPM about
our work.

Brian Rees
Los Alamos National Lab
Plutonium Facility Operational Health Physics
505-667-9980
brees@lanl.gov