Letter of Application

Dear Madam/Sir,
My name is Tihomir Guentchev and I am member of a Radioanalytical Lab.
at the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy,
Sofia,Bulgaria. I have taken your address from Job-Hunt. My wife won
"green card"in a "lottery" within the Diversity Visa Programme and I
plan to go to the USA with my family, so I am looking for a job. In
order to get the immigrant visa I need a letter from an employer in
the USA So, I would be grateful for any information about available
positions or any kind of help. I would like to hear your opinion about
the possibilities. I have 3 years of experience in radiochemistry. I
am working on development of separation schemes, methods and
procedures using extraction, chromatography, precipitation and
electrochemical methods. During the last 3 years I worked on the
following projects: 1. Reactor vessel dosimetry, determination of
phosphorous and other impurities in the vessel's steel, NPP "Kozloduy"
2.  Environmental project on estimation of radioecological status of
polluted by uranium mining and milling industry sites. 3.  Preparation
and control of activated carbon radioiodine filters for NPP. 4.
Development of methodology for determination of pure alpha and
betaemitters in environmental samples, using mainly EIChrom materials
and solvent extraction. 5.  Development of decontamination procedures
for contaminated metals, mainly for NPP. 6. Development of procedures
for preparation of standard sources for calibration, mainly for
gamma-spectrometry.
 Looking forward to hearing from you, Tihomir Guentchev.

Enclosed is my Resume.

Sincerely yours, Tihomir Guentchev

@@@@@@@@@@

RESUME
Tihomir Guentchev Guentchev

PERMANENT ADDRESS:
Druzba 2, Bl. 208, Entr. B, Apt. 44
Sofia 1582, Bulgaria

CURRENT ADDRESS:
Druzba 2, Bl. 208, Entr. B, Apt. 44
Sofia 1582, Bulgaria

HOME PHONE: (3592) 424 013
WORK PHONE: (3592) 7431 444
WORK FAX: (3592) 975 36 19
E-MAIL: GUENTCHEV@INRNE.ACAD.BG

OBJECTIVE: Radiochemistry and Environmentalchemistry

SKILLS:
Managing of Radiochemical separation schemes, Radioactive wastes
characterization, Preparation of standard calibration sources for
gamma-spectrometry, Tracer techniques, Synthesis of labled compounds,
Reactor vessel dosimetry, Fluent in English, Russian, Microsoft Word,
Excel, Grapher.

EXPERIENCE:
Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy,
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
Tzarigradsko Chaussee blvd.72, 1784 Sofia

October 1994 -
Member of staff of Radioanalytical Laboratory

Development of procedures for separation of radionuclides from air,
soil, water, food and technological samples. Determination of radium,
plutonium and thorium nuclides, strontium-90, lead-210. Separation
techniques mainly based on solvent extraction, extraction
chromatography (including EIChroM materials), coprecipitation and
ionexchange methods. Reactor vessel dosimetry - activation detectors
for neutron fluence monitoring (iron, copper and niobium)
Determination of phosphorus (International and Russian standard
procedures), copper, nickel etc. (AAS-ICP) in steel of pressure vessel
of Unit one of Nuclear Power Plant "Kozloduy". Development of
procedures for preparation of standard calibration sources for
calibration of gamma spectrometers were prepared in different
geometries, densities and Zeff from point source to 200 l drum source.
Development of tracer techniques - adsorption and retention of
radioiodine on active carbon filters. Development of decontamination
procedures for contaminated metals, for NPP. Development of procedure
for calibration of military radiometric field laboratory. IN VITRO
solubility experiments for determination of the dissolution rate of
the respirable fraction of an aerosol sample from the reactor hall of
NPP"Kozloduy".

EDUCATION:
English Language School, Vidin, Bulgaria - 1981 - 1982
Technical College, Sofia, Bulgaria - 1982 - 1986
Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" Faculty of Chemistry, Sofia,
Bulgaria - 1989 - 1994

Thesis:
Graduation work: "Determination of strontium - 90 in soil samples
using crown ethers" Advisor - Professor Kulev Ivelin

PUBLICATIONS:
1. Taskaev, M. Taskaeva, B. Veleva, Iv. Penev, T. Grigorov, T.
Guentchev, "Express Analysis of Soil Samples for Plutonium and
Strontium Determination", Third Conference on Preventive Activities
and Public Defence in Accidents and Disasters, 8-9.12 1994, Sofia
Bulgaria, "Radiation protection", 1995, Vol 2, (131 - 135) .

2. N. Stradling, P. G. Pellow, A. Hodgson, T. P. Fell, A. Phipps, M.
Pearce, E. Rance, M. Ellender, M. Taskaeva, I. Penev and T. Guentchev,
" Dose Coefficient and Assessment of Intake of a Radionuclide Bearing
Dust formed at the Kozloduy NPP, Report - NRPB-M679, 05. 1996.

3. Apostolov, K. Ilieva, S. Belousov, T. Petrova, I. Penev, M.
Taskaeva, E. Taskaev, A. Trifonov, R. Prodanova, Tz. Peneva, T.
Guentchev "Analyses for Evaluation of Reactor Pressure Vessel Metal
State and Lifetime, Unit 1, VVER-440/230, Kozloduy NPP", Bulgarian
Nuclear Society issue, Vol. 1., 1996.

4. Penev, L. Kinova, T. Guentchev " Technique for Manufacturing of
Large Volume Calibration Source for Gamma-spectroscopy" Bulgarian
Nuclear Society issue, Vol. 1., 1996.

5. Radioactive Waste Management in Bulgaria - An Overview of a 12
Month Study, Phare      Contract Number BG9107-02-04-01, Final Report,
February 1997.

6. Guentcho Guentchev, Krassimira Ivanova, Tihomir Guentchev,
Radioactive Waste      Management Practice in the Republic of
Bulgaria, Waste Management '97 Symposium,      March 2-7, 1997,
Tucson, Arizona, USA (in press).