Subject: Sealed sources
Author:  <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu > at SMTPGATE
Date:    12/9/97 6:43 PM

Radsafers,

At what time does a short lived sealed source cease being
radioactive material.   Especially if the source has documenation
identifying it as radioactive material and it was allowed to decay in
storage.   If the source has decayed to undetectable levels can it
then be disposed of as nonrad material.

Stacey Alderson