Sewer disposal of rad waste -Reply

Richard Sobilo wrote:

I have been asked by our companys' regulatory policy committee, to justify
the practice of disposing of radioactive material through the sanitary
sewerage system. We have been successfully using this disposal method for
many years ,but they now want to review whether this is best for the
company, looking from a legal perspective.  I am in the process of putting
together the reasons I can think of, but am asking anyone out there for
their input also in case I forget about something. Anyone care to post
their ideas? Nuclides disposed of are your typical research and academic
institution beta emitters. I'm kind of looking for pro sewer disposal
ideas.

Chapters 2 & 3 to NUREG/CR-5814 "Evaluation of Exposure Pathways to Man