Subject: More LNT
Author:  ncrp@ncrp.com at hubsmtp
Date:    12/11/97 2:04 PM

... I would like to go on somewhat, however, to examine what I think is the
most serious issue and that is one of public perception.  The problem is
that people do not consider the level of risk in their decisions about
issues involving radioactive materials.  The introduction of a waste
depository in my village sounds bad and I will fight it no matter what the
risk if I really don't want it.  Or, more importantly, if I really don't
believe it is necessary.  Reducing radon concentrations in my lovely home is
unnecessary. I like living here and can't afford expensive corrective
actions. ...

James A. Spahn
Senior Staff Scientist,NCRP
email:ncrp@ncrp.com