Re: Rad jokes needed

>In an attempt to liven up my rad safety classes I thought
>I might try using some rad jokes, puns, stories, or
>other funny stuff. Problem is I don't know any!!!
>Anyone have a joke they can share?

Dear Jeff-

I can only think of a few things I tell classes routinely.  They are not
really jokes, more like one-liners.

One is that, as radiation workers on campus, they are likely to find
themselves in more danger administratively than physically.

I also tell them that the term "health physics" originated as a code term
because we didn't want to give away the purpose of the Manhattan Project.
One indication of its success is that, over 50 years later, nobody still
knows what it means.

There are also some great Far Side cartoons that are applicable to rad safety.

Hope this helps.

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP  (karam.1@osu.edu)
The Ohio State University Office of Radiation Safety
1314 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH  43212
(614) 292-1284 (phone)
(614) 292-7002 (fax)