Re: radionuclide dosimetry

Hi, Melissa -

We have a wealth of experience in this general area, and with these two
pharmaceuticals in particular.  We routinely assist people in designing
studies to collect the data (although we are not experts in image
quantitation - I can refer you to a couple of good people, though), to
perform the kinetic analyses, and generate dose estimates using the best
models.  I can recommend a lot of software that will help, some free, some
relatively low cost.  There is a draft document from the MIRD Committee that
will be out very soon, but which you will want to have.  You would do better
to contact me at work (stabinm@orau.gov) - I read radsafe at home, but at
work I can fax, e-mail, etc. you lots of good info quickly.  Just let me
know what you want to do, what you already have, what you want to know.  We
can also provide some training, if there is any budget for that.  We have a
course coming up in March which covers all of these issues, and we can do
on-site training, too, if you can cover the costs.  I just returned from
such a visit to Milan, Italy, where we did exactly this kind of assistance
with a group there doing In-111/Y-90 therapy work.  I visited in March with
a group in Sao Paulo, Brazil who are working with Sm-153 EDTMP in many
patients, and we are also working with them to develop their dosimetry.  But
if all you need is access to a few documents and some software, we can do
that quickly and at no cost.

Mike Stabin
Radiation Internal Dose
  Information Center