Re: Atomic Dog and Other Musings

At 01:29 AM 1/06/98 -0600, APalmerIII wrote:
>For everybody that thinks that the public perception problem with nuclear
>power will get better if the tecnical people could communicate risk
better, I >offer a lovely new TV show coming on the USA network (yes, too
many hours of >cable) called "Atomic Dog".  I gather from the ads that
"Atomic Dog" is this >super-rabid German Shepherd who got that way from
RADIATION EXPOSURE.  (Of >course, it wouldn't be a killer Beagle - that
would be poetic justice!).  I >think HPS should take the lead to educate
and communicate our way out of this >one.  Or , at least some ABHP
continuing ed credits for watching it.

OK, now they're askin' for it.  Can't stop with stereotyping about
radiation effects.  Now they're on about my favorite canine breed.  I'm
insulted, my wife will be insulted, my dog will be insulted (and he's the
one with the big teeth {or does that further the stereotype?}).  I guess
it's good that we're finally getting cable this weekend.  Meanwhile, it's
time for a trip to the USA web page...<g>

Eric

Eric Denison <denison.8@osu.edu>
Radiation Safety Technician
Environmental Health & Safety