Re: LD50 FOR FRUIT FLIES -Reply

Paul,
As I recall from my brief exposure (no pun intended) to radiation biology
in the late 1950s, Drosophila melanogaster were favored radiation research
organisms because they had unusually large chromosomes.  If this is
correct, did this make them somewhat more sensitive than others.  The
findings of BNL's gamma  source exposed forest in the 1960s led to this
conclusion with regard to evergreens, compared to other trees (as was
evident downwind from Chernobyl.
Best regards,
Andy