Radiation Workers??

Greeting fellow Radsafers;

I have a question for my colleges in the university radiation protection
field.  This concerns personnel in a license radiological use laboratory.
that actually have no job duties involving RAM usage.  These would be
student assistants performing data entry in the lab, glassware washing,
etc..

My question is, do you issue personnel monitoring devices(film, TLD) to
these folks due to they are in the restricted area, and do you require that
they recieve the same training as a "Rad Worker" and also that they be added
to the approved users of the individual permit?

Just curious to how other institutions handle this matter.  Thanks for your
help.

Earl Smalts, RSO
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
ssdehs@ttuhsc.edu.com