re: (1)drill senario, (2)legal advice

1. Regarding the drill senario it would seem the designers have
 a severe lack of understanding of response to high doses (e.g., 'instant
death') and of the inverse square law (10 miles!!!).

2. regarding Al's advice on well radon -  while a significant group of HPs
(as reflected by the RADSAFE commenters) might agree that these levels of
radon represent absolutely no risk, I suspect (based on my extensive legal
training via evening TV) the legal system would find fault with giving
advice or taking actions contrary to the generally accepted standards of
the industry.  Given the EPA, NCRP, and ICRP positions  I suspect you
would lose in our legal system defending that contrary position, although
it would be an interesting test case.  Perhaps some RADSAFE legals experts
would like to comment on giving techinical advice that is contrary to the
'standards of the industry'?

--
the above are the personal musing of the author,
and do not represent any past, current, or future