Re: drill scenario ???

Steve Rima highlighted all the necessary points. In my 22 year's
experience with drills played out in a nuclear plant scenario,
several things come to light:

1. To obtain the goals for the various type drill (ingestion pathway,
external exposure, etc.) the scenario normally required > core
capacity to result in the ridiculous dose numbers.

2. Drills, as Steve stated, are condensed to complete in one, or two
days (if ingestion pathway is being tested). Reality is, emergency
conditions do not occur so rapidly. Conditions change, but at a
slower rate. Remember TMI!

3. The greatest problem I see with a drill scenario that is based on
incredulous basis is that there is the Emergency News Center, whereby
in many cases, there are REAL press in attendance. These ridiculous
scenarios are thought to be highly plausible by the media, and in
turn, this information is relayed to the public during the 6pm
news... This is the unfortunate off-shoot of drills that are required
to test public evacuations, etc.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director