Re: Exercise scenarios vs. reality

Hi Jim,  Thank you for your comments.  A few years ago a sling broke when a
heavy bolt (3" dia if I recall correctly) fell into the spent fuel pool.   The
bolt had been stored there and I  am not sure of all the details.  If this
bolt had fallen on spent fuel racks, could criticallity have occured?     What
would have been the consequences in the spent fuel building?  What about areas
adjacent to the building?   I would appreciate the insight from other
radsafers.
 Ernie

egoitein@aol.com