Help for Particle Size Analysis

I am forwarding the following request for a colleague that is not
currently subscribed to Radsafe.

Please respond directly to her if you can help.

=====================

We are looking for any information that can be provided on dissolving a
AW-19 (mixed esters of cellulose) membrane filter which is composed of
biologically-inert mixtures of cellulose acetate and cellulose nitrate.

We would like to dissolve the AW-19 filters, that may have captured
actinide particulates, and plate out the undissolved particulates held
in a thin layer of the dissolved filter on a glass microscope slide.
This is preparation for particle size analysis.

If you have a "solution" to our problem we would welcome your
assistance.

If you can provide any information please forward it to

Shelly Starling
 , starlings@aecl.ca
( 613-584-8811 ext 3461

Thank you

Gary Festarini
festarig@aecl.ca
Radiation Biology and Health Physics Branch