Re: Radioactivity on Rails

Sandia has done a considerable amount of work on this type of project.  You
should know the following:

The testing protocol for certification of Type B casks is in 10 CFR Part 71.

If you fax me a letter requesting videos of crash tests and related activities I
can get you copies.

If you send me the route, I can calculate doses using RADTRAN.  Why unshielded?
Nothing is ever shipped unshielded over public rights-of-way.

Ruth

Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
Transportation Systems Department
Sandia National Laboratories