Re: In need of guidance

> From:          "Nestor and Bessie" <ruiz@intx.net>
> Subject:       In need of guidance

> Hi:
> 	My name is Alexis Ruiz.  My background is a BS in pure physics. Three
> months ago I started working as an Assistant RSO, eventually I will take
> over, once my supervisor leaves.  Our office needs to get more organize and
> the OJT has no sense of guidance and structure.  Can somebody help me out
> with how to start?  I know this sounds vague,  I hope someone understands
> what I mean.
> 	Thanks
> 	Alexis

Greetings Alexis,
 if everything is slightly in a mess, try  to gather together every
bit of state legislation appropriate to your task and read them. This
will at least give you a starting point for what is required of your
position. Possible there are recommendations published, which would
be a great help for addressing what needs to be done.

Once you have an appreciation of what is required sift out what needs
to be done immediately and get it up to scratch. Not knowing your
regs.  but assumming like all things some are more important than
others you need to have everything sorted that has an impact on the
staff in any way.

If of course I have gone out on a tangent then you can ignore this
message!!

Cheers
All the standard disclaimers!!
Lindsay Tremethick