Re: News Blurb on Caldicott and Millstone

	It's hard for me to believe that "Oprah" is getting sued by the "beef
industry" in Texas, when someone can slander the "nuclear industry" like
our buddy Caldicott - and get away with it time after time...jb

At 10:22 AM 1/23/98 -0600, you wrote:
>From: NRC Web page 1/23/98
>
>WATERFORD, CONN. -- Speaking at a public forum Thursday night, Dr. Helen
Caldicott, the noted anti-nuclear activist, called for residents to lie
down in front of trucks if necessary to prevent the restart of the
Millstone units.  She also said people should not buy locally grown food in
the summer because of effluent from the plants.  Neither, she said, should
people eat Hershey chocolate bars because they are produced 13 miles from
the Three Mile Island station.  The Day, (p. B1); Norwich Bulletin, (p.
A1), 1/23.

>ST. LOUIS -- Senators Harry Reid and Richard Bryan of Nevada warned
Thursday that thousands of tons of nuclear waste could pass through
Missouri if a pending bill is adopted to authorize an interim spent fuel
storage facility in Nevada.  *Our mission in visiting St. Louis is to make
¡Mobile Chernobyl¢ a household name,* said Sen. Bryan.  St. Louis
Post-Dispatch, 1/23.

>If you fellow RADSAF'ers can get a link to the above newspapers I
encourage you to send them some clarification on the above issues,
especially the Senators.

>H.  Dean Chaney, CHP -  USNRC, Region IV/WCFO
>hdc@nrc.gov
>ddchaney@castles.com
>
>The views put forth above are my own and do not necessarily
>reflect the beliefs or policies of the USNRC or any other
>governmental entity.

Joel T. Baumbaugh, MPH, MHP
baumbaug@nosc.mil / baumbaug@spawar.navy.mil
Radiation Safety Officer
SSC-San Diego, CA. USA

	NOTE:	The contents of this message have not been reviewed, nor approved by
the Federal Government, the U.S. Navy, my bosses or my wife...