Re: neutron skyshine

There is a neutron skyshine computational benchmark performed by Shultis
and Faw at Kansas State a couple of years ago.  It was performed with MCNP
for an open silo containing a point source.  I can be found in Nuclear
Science and Engineering Vol. 125, pp 111-127, 1997.  That article covers
the generation of neutron line beam functions to perform skyshine
calculations.  The essence of that paper may also be found in the
Proceedings of the 1996 Topical Meeting of the Radiation Protection and
Shielding Division: Advances and Applications in Radiation Protection and
Shielding (North Falmouth, MA, april 21-25, 1996).  I have used these
calculations to compare neutron calculational results from SKYSHINE-III and
they are in fair agreement.