Re: Number of chromosome repairs

	According to Myron Pollycove, who is an expert in this area,
chemical and spontaneous processes cause an average of 150,000 single
strand breaks and 1.0 double strand breaks in each cell every day.
Multiply this by the trillion cells in the body to get the total number.
A large fraction of these are presumably repaired. Do you consider repair
of the DNA molecule to be "chromosome repair"?

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260