Re: Food Irradiation propaganda help

John Moulder wrote:

> I'd start here (the Health Physics site at U Mich)
>
> http://www.sph.umich.edu/group/eih/UMSCHPS/food.htm
>
> It will lead you to a much interesting info, including the FDA final rule on
> meat irradiation (3-Dec-97).
>
> The FDA rule is hard reading, but it contains very good references and a
> thorough dicussion of the scientific issues.
>
> John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)

For putting food irradiation risks in perspective, try reviewing the
following research studies about mutagens created from cooked foods:

http://www.llnl.gov/str/Food_Mutagens.intro.html
http://www.llnl.gov/str/FoodSection1.html
http://www.llnl.gov/str/FoodSection2.html

Be sure to download the following Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) files:

http://www.llnl.gov/str/pdfs/07_95.1.pdf
http://www.llnl.gov/str/pdfs/09_95.1.pdf

P.S. Information for downloading a free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing
the .pdf files can be found at:

http://www.llnl.gov/str/info_pdf.html

With great graditude and respect,
John Deneen