Ohio EPA: final rule status

I am forwarding this to the list as I received it from OEPA.  Thanks again
for all of your help.

Andy
Due to comments by the Ohio Department of Health and members of the public,
the Ohio EPA has decided to indefinitely postpone its rulemaking to exempt
certain radionuclide-emitting sources from requirements to obtain permits
to install and permits to operate.  I am informing you of this decision by
e-mail, since a public notice is not required when the Agency withdraws a
proposed rulemaking.  I am also enclosing for your information a
compilation of state laws and rules that relate to the regulation by Ohio
EPA of sources having radionuclide emissions and our rationale for
proposing this exemption.  I expect to consult with you regarding any
future rulemaking involving radionuclide emissions.
Of course, I am always available to answer any questions you may have.

RAD_RCAC.WPD

The opinions expressed above are well-reasoned and insightful.  Needless to
say, they are not those of my employer. (with apologies to Michael Feldman)

Andrew Karam, CHP  (karam.1@osu.edu)		(614) 292-1284 (phone)
The Ohio State University 				(614) 292-7002 (fax)
Office of Radiation Safety				"The mind is not a vessel to
1314 Kinnear Road					be filled but a fire to be
Columbus, OH  43212					lighted." (Plutarch)