RCRA Wastes

Regarding Uranyl Acetate

I ran the original posts past our RCRA group and this is the response they
sent me.  It
appears you may need to consult your state to be sure, but the general
flowchart
described by Steve Deitch is basically correct for the feds.

internal comment:

In the OAC (Ohio Administrative Code) a waste is defined in 3745-51-02 and is
not
just dependent on whether your throwing it away or not.  Ohio's definition of
"waste"
in the hazardous waste rules is exactly the same as the federal definition of
solid
waste in 40CFR261.2. Ohio's statutory definition of hazardous waste in ORC
3734.01
(Ohio Revised Code) is very similar to the RCRA statutory definition of solid
waste.  I
breifly checked into whether or not to uranyl acetate is a DOT Oxidizer as
defined in
49 CFR I was unsuccessful.  If it is, it is RCRA ignitable (D001).  You might
want to
pull that thread.

Zack Clayton
zack.clayton@epa.state.oh.us