Re: Food Irradiation article

I thought the draft article was very good.  My only comment is that it
may be too long.  I would suggest shortening it because 1) it is more
likely to be published, and 2) the readers won't get bored towards the
end.  I suggest about four paragraphs.  The first being an introduction,
the second a discussion of what irradiation is and how it is done, the
third a discussion of the similarities to other methods of food
treatment and preservation and the benefits of irradiation over these
other methods, and the fourth and final paragraph a conclusion
reiterating that irradiation is safe and effective and approved by many
reputable organizations.

Be clear and concise and not too wordy, because you'll lose the
attention of the reader.  Most people read at the sixth-grade level, so
it needs to be simple.

Sean M. Austin, CHP
seanaustin@hotmail.com

All opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of my employer.