Re: Ecological Fallacy?

Having read the relevent posts and having had courses in epidemiology, I am
assuming that the "Ecological Fallacy" is what was called an
Epidemiological Fallacy. In its most simple sense, it can be stated: It is
not valid to apply group statistics to an individual member. It is valid to
say that in a group of 1000 individuals having these characteristics and
this exposure we expect 27 cases of whateverhorrorisunderdiscussion. It is
not valid to say that a given individual is going to be one of the 27 or
one of the 973.

Michael Kay