Re: check sources

> I must confess that in 1985 or so, the same "drifter" made me
> (suggested to me) take the coleman lantern mantels out of our emergency
> response kits.  And I thought that I had put an acceptence range on the
> instrument for the "source".  BUT there was no log to record or document
> the response. I had thought that to be a real cost saving item.

Knowing and documenting the expected response is a given. Without
this information the instrument's usefulness is diminished.  The
original question related to whether or not each instrument had to
have its own check source. It is still my opinion that if the check
source is close to the instruments in question, can be checked
everytime the instrument is to be used, and, the survey test is
documented, then there does not need to be a unique check source
attached to each and every instrument. That was the question, this is
my opinion, good or bad.
------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director