Re[2]: Lead Aprons in Dentistry

>Incidentally, I have often wondered why lead aprons are so
>vigorously discussed for dental radiography when they are
>rarely if ever mentioned for high-dose medical radiologic
>procedures, such as angiography.

but gonadal shielding IS - where it does not interfere with the exam - and
any aprons I have ever seen required for dental exams are lap aprons - thus
I presume the issue is gonadal shielding too.

Also I'd guess the risk/benefit (and anticipated longevity and well as
typical patient age) for high dose procedures - is a whole different
equation.

Ted de Castro
tdc@ehssun.lbl.gov
University of California Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
Bldg 75B Rm 112A
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 486-5256
(510) 486-5506 - FAX