Re: Alternate explanations

	I do treat the migration problem in my papers in what I consider
to be a plausible manner, and no one has previously challenged it.. With
the model proposed here, I would have to calculate the required
correlations with radon levels to check if they are implausible. This
would take some effort and time, and the results would not be
publishable.
	I therefore would like to change my reward offer to requiring that
the suggestion be submitted for publication as a "letter to the editor" or
in some other form. My response would then be publishable, which would
justify my time and effort.
	Do people think it is fair for me to make this modification in my
reward offer?

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh