Re: Dose Calib. Geometry Daily! HELP!

AHC Inc NM wrote:

> [...]
According to 10 CFR Part 35, section 35.50 (b) (4), "Test each dose
calibrator for geometry dependence upon installation over the range of
volumes and volume configurations for which it will be used. The
licensee shall keep a record of this test for the duration of the use of
the dose calibrator." Section 35.52 (b) (1) Geometry dependence must be
peroformed before initial use, periodically, and following repair, for
alpha- or beta-emitting radionuclides, for doses other than unit dosages
obtained pursuant to paragraph (a) of the same section. I do not know
the requirements of your state licensing agency, but review these
sections of 10 CFR 35. you may be performing geometry more often than is
necessary. But then again, the NRC wiuld rather see too much being done
than not enough! I hope this helps. Take care.
Bob Dunn
rso.gscancer@worldnet.att.net